Maastricht Region: excellent ecosystem
The strength of the Maastricht Region is defined by the combination of the innovative economy, its international position, and inspiring living environment.
The melting pot of research, education and entrepeneurship forms a regional ecosystem that is appealing to scientists and decision makers with innovative ideas and shapes an environment in which international conventions feal at ease.
Therefore, Maastricht Region is a perfect destination to host all kinds of conferences. Here are just some of the reasons:
- the city of Maastricht is charming and compact;
- everything is within walking distance (conference venue, hotels, city center);
- conference delegates are very likely to run into each other in the evening: ideal possibilities for networking;
- the entire city will embrace the conference (restaurants, hotels, bars, inhabitants);
- Maastricht is awarded Best city trip of The Netherlands (Zoover 2016 & 2017);
- MECC Maastricht is awarded Best Dutch Conference Venue (Meeting Awards);
- Maastricht is the 2nd hotel, tourist and monument city of The Netherlands;
- there are more than 5,000 hotel rooms in the Maastricht Region;
- Maastricht has the most international university of The Netherlands and 14th worldwide;
- there are 8 international airports within an hour’s drive;
- the Brightlands campuses with their areas of expertise: Materials, Health, Food and Smart Services.
Discover more on this website or contact us!