Every month we put one of our partners and his organisation ‘in the spotlight’. This month it is Rob Polman, director of the TheaterHotel de Oranjerie and the Arresthuis in Roermond.
1. Why did you choose the position you have now?
There is a lot of variety in the job, I like working with people daily, the attraction of working in a family business played a big part too.
2. What are the most recent developments within your company?
We want to achieve a full make-over of the TheatherHotel De Oranjerie within five years. We have now been open for 20 years.
3. Which challenges are you facing?
There are a lot more offers within our branch in this region and I like to increase the position of the hotel.
4. What have you achieved, of which you are most proud?
I have a great family and home situation that goes perfectly with my job. Businesswise I’m the proudest of the things my team achieves on a daily basis.
5. What do you do when you are not working?
I like to go boxing and relax, I love to go on holidays and to go out and do fun things with my family or just my wife.
6. What does the Maastricht Convention Bureau mean to you?
It is a new and great opportunity to broaden our horizon and a collaboration that can offer us the strength to achieve more together.