In the spotlight: Philippe Cleuren
Each month, we aim our spotlight at someone dedicated to the Maastricht region, a beautiful conference destination. This month, that someone is Philippe Cleuren, owner of Grand Café Maastricht Soiron. Each In the spotlight participant will be asked the same five questions. This is the response of Philippe Cleuren:
1. Why do you love the Maastricht region?
“The most un-Dutch city. You can feel, taste and see that immediately, with Hasselt, Tongeren, Liège and Aachen near, within 30 kilometres, this region has a lot to offer.”
2. What is your most favourite memory?
“Being born and raised in Maastricht, I have a lot of dear memories. Als geboren en getogen Maastrichtenaar heb ik veel fijne herinneringen. Aangezien ik net 40 jaar ben geworden hoop ik er vooral nog heel veel bij te krijgen hier in Maastricht.’
3. What is your “hidden treasure” and why?
“On a summer day tasting wine at the Apostelhoeve and then a walk through the fields with beautiful panoramic views for a visit to the Jezuïeten caves. At the end of the day, sitting on the terrace of Château Neercanne for a wonderful dinner.”
4. Why should any conference organiser or association organise their conference in the Maastricht region at least once in their lifetime?
“Maastricht is big in small-scaliness with all the trimmings. As a conference delegate, you don’t get lost, Maastricht makes you feel warm, welcome and familiar.”
5. What does the Maastricht Convention Bureau mean to you?
“Our partner for conference dinners and most of all an ambassador for our beautiful city of Maastricht.”
Earlier editions of this feature:
- Nico Stam, Deputy Director of Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus & Chief Business Officer and new chairman of the board of the Maastricht Convention Bureau – August 2016
- Esther Saris, owner of communication bureau EST.21 and President of Maastricht Culinair – July 2016
- Harald M. Peters, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Maastricht – June 2016
- John J.M. Aarts, alderman of economics, mobility, finance, real estate and staff & organization in Maastricht – May 2016
- Rudy MMA Nuijts, MD, PhD Professor of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic Maastricht, Medical University Center Maastricht – April 2016
- Jan Kees Dunning, CEO of the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus – March 2016
- Mark J Post, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair of Physiology aan de Maastricht University – February 2016
Maastricht Convention Bureau
6229 GT Maastricht - Nederland
t: +31 43 763 47 30
BTW: NL 812866526B01
Click here for the contactform >>