In the spotlight: Lars Flinkerbusch
Each month, we aim our spotlight at someone dedicated to the Maastricht region, a beautiful conference destination. This month, that someone is Lars Flinkerbusch, Director of Maastricht Marketing. Each In the spotlight participant will be asked the same five questions. This is the response of Lars Flinkerbusch:
1. Why do you love the Maastricht region?
“When in Maastricht, it feels as if one is abroad,not in the Netherlands. A city with an international university with a magnificent culinary and cultural offer, shops and fashion, where old and new meet in an ubelievable exciting way. That is why I love Maastricht. From a drink at Café Sjiek, the Struys or the Bobbel to reading a newspaper at the Dominicanenkerk (Dominicum Church) or strolling along the river Meuse or in the hilly surroundings”
2. What is your most favourite memory?
3. What is your “hidden treasure” and why?
“There are many; time and time again, I discover new beautiful spots in the Maastricht region. Like recently, when I participated the first Urban Trial Maastricht. It was a course through unique streets and historic buildings you normally would not go through.”
4. Why should any conference organiser or association organise their conference in the Maastricht region at least once in their lifetime?
“Maastricht is a unique congress destination. No where else you will find a city which is as compact and good-natured with such an atmospehere and hospitality. A congress is a business event but the scenery and entouragde give the congress an extra dimension. Good hotels, professional suppliers, luxurious transportation and in inernational congress center complete it all.”
5. What does the Maastricht Convention Bureau mean to you?
“As former founder of the Noordwijk Regional Convention Bureau (Noordwijk Marketing) I am committed to the congress industry. The Maastricht Convention Bureau is the authority in the field of congress acquisition for Maastricht and, together with Maastricht Marketing, puts the city on the map.”
Earlier editions of this feature:
- Remco Prevoo, Operational Manager Jacobs Travel – February 2017
- Tom van Mulken, plastic, reconstructive and handsurgeon at Maastricht University Medical Center+ and Zuyderland Medical Center Sittard – January 2017
- Rob van de Wiel, Managing Director of MECC Maastricht – December 2016
- Marc Alofs, Managing Director of Relais & Chateaux La Butte aux Bois – November 2016
- Prof. Jan G. Nijhuis, MD PhD, gynaecologist- perinatologist, Head dept. Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Director Centre for Genetics, Reproduction and Childhealth (EVK), Medical intervention Centre (MIC) and Oncology Centre (OC), Maastricht University Medical Center (MUMC+) – October 2016
- Philippe Cleuren, owner of Grand Café Maastricht Soiron – September 2016
- Nico Stam, Deputy Director of Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus & Chief Business Officer and new chairman of the board of the Maastricht Convention Bureau – August 2016
- Esther Saris, owner of communication bureau EST.21 and President of Maastricht Culinair – July 2016
- Harald M. Peters, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Maastricht – June 2016
- John J.M. Aarts, alderman of economics, mobility, finance, real estate and staff & organization in Maastricht – May 2016
- Rudy MMA Nuijts, MD, PhD Professor of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic Maastricht, Medical University Center Maastricht – April 2016
- Jan Kees Dunning, CEO of the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus – March 2016
- Mark J Post, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair of Physiology aan de Maastricht University – February 2016
- In the spotlight: Camille Oostwegel jr. 18 April, 2017
- A word from the expert: prof. J.C.S. (Jos) Kleinjans 30 March, 2017
- Presentation of Brightlands Convention Award 2016 by Alderman John Aarts 18 March, 2017
Maastricht Convention Bureau
6229 GT Maastricht - Nederland
t: +31 43 763 47 30
BTW: NL 812866526B01