In the spotlight: Harald Peters
Each month, we aim our spotlight at someone dedicated to the Maastricht region, a beautiful conference destination. This month, that someone is Harald M. Peters, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Maastricht. Each In the spotlight participant will be asked the same five questions. This is the response of Harald Peters:
1. Why do you love the Maastricht region?
“This ‘savoire vivre’ in the Maastricht region, the good food and the local wines, give this area the charm and character you will not find anywhere else. During my entire work life I was honoured to see many beautiful places in this world. Maastricht is definitely one of the TOP 3 I enjoy to be.”
2. What is your most favourite memory?
“As a child, I came at least twice a year for shopping and having coffee & vlais with my parents to Maastricht. These was always exiting moments. Not only I became some new things, it was the atmosphere of this city. Now, after more than 30 years, I can feel that the city has kept and improved this unique identity.”
3. What is your “hidden treasure” and why?
“’The people of Maastricht’. When you walk on the streets or sitting in restaurants, you can listen to different languages. For inhabitants of the region it is normal communicate in the languages of those opposite to them. For guest in this town is this a great warm welcome and they feel respected.”
4. Why should any conference organiser or association organise their conference in the Maastricht region at least once in their lifetime?
“It is always a question how successful this events are. Big city name is not the guarantee for such success. In comparison to big anonymous cities, in Maastricht the entire trade, Maastricht Convention Bureau and politicians are going in the same direction, to keep the destination successful. Nothing is impossible and Maastricht is better than the big cities.”
5. What does the Maastricht Convention Bureau mean to you?
“Great partner and team player for the organizer and our industry. Simply the best you can get :-)”
Earlier editions of this feature:
- John J.M. Aarts, alderman of economics, mobility, finance, real estate and staff & organization in Maastricht – May 2016
- Rudy MMA Nuijts, MD, PhD Professor of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic Maastricht, Medical University Center Maastricht – April 2016
- Jan Kees Dunning, CEO of the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus – March 2016
- Mark J Post, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair of Physiology aan de Maastricht University – February 2016
Maastricht Convention Bureau
6229 GT Maastricht – the Netherlands
t: +31 43 763 47 30
BTW: NL 812866526B01
Click here for the contactform >>