In the spotlight: Bob van Herpen
Each month, we aim our spotlight at one of our regional partners. What are the developments within their company? What are the challenges? In short: you will not only get to know the person better, but also the company where he or she works. This month’s In the spotlight guest Bob van Herpen, new General Manager of Amrâth Grand Hotel de l’Empereur:
1. Why did you choose the position you have now?
“The position of General manager van Amrâth Grand Hotel de l’Empereur fits my career in the hotel industry. After my graduation at the Hotel Management School Maastricht, I worked in various positions in the hospitality branch all over the world. As General Manager of this beautiful company, I can combine and use this experience very well. I am proud that I can work for this beautiful company.”
2. What are the most recent developments within your company? (HR/renovation plans etc.)
“Last year, all 149 rooms, including our junior suites and presidential suites, were completely renovated Our multi functional hall complex is fully equipped with the latest resources for conferences, meetings and events. At Grand Hotel de L’Empereur we aim to offer a total package for our guests.”
3. Which challenges are you facing?
“Not so much a challenge as a chance is to offer a unique personal hospitality experience for our guests. In particular, the experience of our guests is central to us and must be taken care of and top-notch. Our guests must be really taken care of. Whether you are here for a weekend in Maastricht, a holiday, wedding or congress, we strive at Grand Hotel de l’Empereur for that unique experience. The challenge while doing this is to stay ahead of hospitality providers.”
4. What have you achieved, of which you are most proud?
“Together with our motivated and professional team, we offer our guests a wonderful experience every day and every stay. One of that we may all be proud. Certainly when you regularly hear from satisfied guests.”
5. What does the Maastricht Convention Bureau mean to you?
“The Maastricht Convention Bureau is an important partner for promoting Maastricht at international trade shows. They are doing their utmost to acquire conferences for Maastricht and are ambassador for our beautiful city of Maastricht. Obviously, all these people need a place to sleep and that is where we come in. We also cooperate in our hall complex for both meetings and dinners.”
Earlier editions of this feature
- Lars Flinkerbusch, Director Maastricht Marketing – March 2017
- Remco Prevoo, Operational Manager Jacobs Travel – February 2017
- Tom van Mulken, plastic, reconstructive and handsurgeon at Maastricht University Medical Center+ and Zuyderland Medical Center Sittard – January 2017
- Rob van de Wiel, Managing Director of MECC Maastricht – December 2016
- Marc Alofs, Managing Director of Relais & Chateaux La Butte aux Bois – November 2016
- Prof. Jan G. Nijhuis, MD PhD, gynaecologist- perinatologist, Head dept. Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Director Centre for Genetics, Reproduction and Childhealth (EVK), Medical intervention Centre (MIC) and Oncology Centre (OC), Maastricht University Medical Center (MUMC+) – October 2016
- Philippe Cleuren, owner of Grand Café Maastricht Soiron – September 2016
- Nico Stam, Deputy Director of Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus & Chief Business Officer and new chairman of the board of the Maastricht Convention Bureau – August 2016
- Esther Saris, owner of communication bureau EST.21 and President of Maastricht Culinair – July 2016
- Harald M. Peters, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Maastricht – June 2016
- John J.M. Aarts, alderman of economics, mobility, finance, real estate and staff & organization in Maastricht – May 2016
- Rudy MMA Nuijts, MD, PhD Professor of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic Maastricht, Medical University Center Maastricht – April 2016
- Jan Kees Dunning, CEO of the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus – March 2016
- Mark J Post, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair of Physiology aan de Maastricht University – February 2016
Maastricht Convention Bureau
6229 GT Maastricht – the Netherlands
t: +31 43 763 47 30
BTW: NL 812866526B01
Click here for the contactform >>